5. Acts 12:7 (GNB) says, “Suddenly an angel of the Lord stood there, and a light shone in the cell.”
God intervened “suddenly.” Suddenly means to happen, come, make or do quickly and unexpectedly. And so, the angel of the Lord appeared quickly and unexpectedly and when he came there was light in the cell.
God acts in unexpected ways. It may look like a delay to us but God does not delay.
2 Peter 3:8-9 says,
“Nevertheless, do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years is like one day. The Lord does not delay [as though He were unable to act] and is not slow about His promises, as some count slowness,…” (AMP)
6. God’s presence brings light. Whenever God comes into a person’s life, the person will be filled with light. When God is in a place, the place will be filled with light. It will be obvious that God is present. When God intervenes in your life or situation, it’ll be obvious because you will see His light and glory.
7. The angel of the Lord woke Peter up when it was the right time for him to be rescued.
While waiting for God to answer your prayers or meet your need, don’t be anxious or worried. Go to ‘sleep’, rest, and relax. Don’t be disturbed or uneasy. When it is the right time, God will let you know.
You don’t have to know when, where and how God will answer your prayers. Remember that Adam was asleep when God was forming Eve. He did not know what God was doing or how God was doing it. God woke him up and brought Eve to him at the right time.
Be at rest and let your heart be at peace. When God needs you, He will let you know.
8. The angel of the Lord instructed and guided Peter on what to do and Peter obeyed willingly. Peter followed the angel even when he did not know or realize that what the angel was doing was real. He thought he was seeing a vision.
God is always there to lead and guide us at each stage in our lives. You don’t have to be confused or worried about what to do. He is there to give you instructions and guidance. If you are confused at any point in your life, go back to God and ask Him what to do.
Also read James 1:5-8
9. God expects us to follow Him as a sheep follows the Shepherd. How does the sheep follow the Shepherd? A sheep tends to listen to the Shepherd. They have an obedient character.
God expects us to follow Him and obey Him willingly. You may not know, realize or understand what God is doing but still follow and obey Him. It may look like a dream, it may look too real to be true but God does not expect us to go about trying to understand the process. He wants us above all to follow and obey Him. He wants us to trust Him.
Peter knew for sure it was an angel of the Lord leading him but he didn’t know if it was real or if he was seeing a vision. So far as you are sure that it is God leading you, follow and obey Him. Don’t try to understand every process. Follow Him first. Just like Peter later on realized what had happened to him was true, you will later realize and understand everything.
*TO BE CONCLUDED IN THE NEXT POST